Welcome to STEM
Georgia state-wide STEM DAY - May 3, 2013
Georgia recognizes the pressing need for its workforce to be nationally and globally competitive. Georgia College is making great strides to advance STEM education by building a strong STEM community that increases the quantity and quality of STEM majors and teachers.
Impact of STEM activities at Georgia College?
- 29% increase of STEM and STEM education majors since 2007
- 89% increase in STEM and STEM education degrees conferred since 2007
- Drop in DWF rates from 27% to 20% in introductory STEM courses since 2007
- Over $10 million in external grants and gifts to mini-grant awardees
- Dozens of presentations at professional conference and over a dozen publications related to STEM mini-grant projects
- Outreach to over 12,000 K-12 students, teachers and parents each year from over 50 counties across the state
FY14 Request for Proposals - DEADLINE: April 22, 2013
ABOUT GEORGIA COLLEGE: Georgia College, the state's designated Public Liberal Arts University, combines the educational experience expected at esteemed private liberal arts colleges with the affordability of public higher education. Its four colleges – arts and sciences, business, education and health sciences – provide 6,600 undergraduate and graduate students with an exceptional learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, with hands-on involvement with faculty research, community service, residential learning communities, study abroad and myriad internships.